CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Blogger Ban Lifted


I guess the ban on Blogspot in China has been lifted. I can see my blog pictures and everything.

Chloe is a trip. We got the kid with personality. She is very entertaining. This kid can eat! She eats from sun up to sun down and will try anything. She does not like rice at all, but loves her noodles and dumplings. I guess I will have to start making red beans and noodles and gumbo and noodles as well as rice. Chloe loves to sing. As she walks, she sings with a big smile on her face. The orphanage workers told us that at the orphanage she was naughty like a little boy. We can certainly see that! She seems to understand a little English or is catching on really quick. She says "more" as in more food NOW. She knows her big brother and talks to him on the computer every morning and every night. She will walk up to the computer and say "bwain" which means she is ready to talk to her brother. She knows the word 'No" because she hears it so often, and she will look at us and give us this big grin as if to say "whatever, I am cute, I can do what I want" I think Chloe and Blaine will have a blast together because they have such similar personalities.

Xi'an is a very modern city. The view from our hotel window is of Starbucks and McDonalds, and a huge shopping mall which has almost everything you can find at home. The hotel we are staying in is a bit of a dump. I wanted to stay at the Hyatt, but when you are in a travel group, you stay with the group, and this is the hotel that the agency recommended. It is in a great location, and you can find anything you need within walking distance, but the carpet is nasty and the bathtub is full of mildew. The worst part is that the airconditioning goes out every morning just as it is time to get ready for the day. Today we are going to visit the Teracotta Warriors. History buff that I am, I have been looking forward to this part.

I can't think of anything more to write right now. This room is so hot and it is time to get ready for our day. Thanks for following our journey. (spell check doesn't work so forgive the errors, I'm hot!)

1 comment:

Nyk* said...

Yea! It sounds like things are really coming along with Chloe. Sorry the hotel sucks. I wouldn't want to sweat all day. Looking forward to seeing all of you!