Wednesday, June 24, 2009
We're going to China!
We leave Friday, as in this Friday, as in two days from now! Rebecca from Great Wall called me on Friday of last week and told me they had a travel group leaving this Thursday, did we want to go with them? I didn't even think about it, I just said "YES". She then put in our request for a consulate appointment with the group, and we found our yesterday that it had been approved. I spent most of yesterday getting plane tickets and trying to finalize travel arrangements. We decided to skip Beijing with the group, and head straight to Xi'an to give us an extra day to get ready. We arrive in Xi'an on Saturday, and we meet Chloe Meilun on Sunday, this Sunday, as in 4 days from now Sunday. How awesome is that? Could it be possible that I am not ready? Yesterday I felt so sick, I mean sick with worry sick, which is not good for my Crohn's disease. By the end of the day I was a lot better because we had plane tickets and it was actually going to happen. Today I feel sick as in head cold sick, and now I am worried the Chinese may think I have the Swine Flu. Can you tell I come from a family of worriers? My motto is "If it can go wrong, if probably will, for me anyway" We are also a family of very optomistic people ;) So, anyway, I have a lot of packing to do. I will try to give one more update with our detailed itenary when I get it. Can you believe I leave Friday, and I have no idea where I will be sleeping once I get to China?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I just found your blog and am so excited to follow your journey. Our daughter is also in Xi'an. We just received her referral. I look forward to hearing about your incredible journey to our children's birth home. Best of travels!
Kim in South Carolina
Great news. Safe travel. Glad that finally you're going to Xi'an and meeting Chloe Mei Lun. If you can go to the orphenage take pictures of her room for me because we couldn't go. Visit the muslim street in Xian that was great and fun I bougt some interesting things there. Tell her hi from Ching ching. Jade.
Nancy
Wow! SO excited for you ~ try not to worry - things will work out. Are you blogging from China?? I hope so!
Yes, we plan to blog in China! I have been waiting too long not to share this with everyone. I know looking at Blogs of others has helped me get through the wait, and I hope our journey can do that for others as well.
We traveled last July to adopt our daughter Xiaohua and I felt worried too, then I took a deep breath and decided this was going to be the most wonderful trip of our lives and I would simply not allow anything but positive thoughts. And you can do this too!
Everything will work out and you will have memories to last forever.
Deb Keating
www.weloveyougracie.com
Post a Comment